It is now two days after Thanksgiving, and I am definitely in the Christmas spirit! It was a very different Thanksgiving than I have had in the past due to my getting married and all. My parents went out of town for the first time without me, which was kind of sad. However, Jason and I went to his grandmother's house and had a great time! I definitely missed my family's food, but his family's food was good as well.
Yesterday we spent all day at my parents' house helping them decorate for Christmas! My parents always decorate the day after Thanksgiving, which makes it one of my favorite days of the year, specifically for that reason. It was so much fun! However, it was pretty sad when I didn't have my ornaments to put on their tree, but I'm very excited that I have them to put on our tree!
Today Jason and I have been decorating! It's so exciting to use our new decorations and some old ones! We even have a few ornaments and other decorations that belonged to my grandparents (they have not used them for several years, so my mom, sister, and me went through their stuff last weekend!). It's pretty neat watching our apartment become "Christmasized" as Jason calls it! The lights are almost all on the tree, and then we will pop some popcorn and string! I'm hoping to get the tree done tonight, and we'll probably decorate our little patio tomorrow. Christmas time is so exciting!!!
This next week is going to be a very busy one for me. I have an 8-10 page paper due on Friday, music concerts or rehearsals every evening except Tuesday, and a large Orchestration project due the following Monday, not to mention needed to finish learning/memorizing my pieces for my piano jury. It'll be crazy, but the end of the semester is almost here!
Well, Jason is making dinner, and I'm supposed to be working on my paper.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, and Merry Christmas!!!
Alicia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha! It is "Christmasized!" :D I love ya!
ReplyDelete