I am now almost half way through my second week of school. My plan was to post last week on my first day of school, but that obviously didn't happen... due to, well school itself. My first day was extremely stressful because of a schedule inconvenience and something else that still is not resolved. One of my choirs has two performances that I cannot attend because of my church pianist responsibilities, but my choir director isn't wanting to let me out easy. We'll just have to see how that plays out. But other than that, school is going pretty well so far.
Tuesday is my longest day. I leave home at 9:00 and don't get back until around 7:30. Yup. Definitely my least favorite day. I am taking 16 hours this semester which means a total of 10 classes. I don't really have a favorite class just yet, but I'm sure I will soon. They are all kind of overwhelming right now, because I'm getting a lot of information thrown at me. I also have quite a bit of reading to do between Developing a Christian Mind and Intro to Church Music & Worship.
The biggest bummer of school is probably the fact that Katie is doing field-base this semester. That means she's only on campus on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's very different having classes without her. We've been in classes together since semester one! Wow, that's crazy to think about!
On the bright side, I am definitely not bored during the day like I was during parts of Christmas break. I definitely have plenty of things to keep myself occupied with. And pretty soon I will pick up some accompanying students.
This semester, I'm pretty exciting about some of the opportunities I have! I have several dates when I get to play the prelude for chapel. That's always a lot of fun. But even more exciting is that I get to play in the chapel group for Monday's chapel! I'm pretty excited, because I was really wanting to do this all of last semester. The pianist in one of the groups is needing to lead some of the songs on Monday, so he has asked me to fill in for him on the piano for those songs! I think it will be a lot of fun and will be a good experience. I have been wanting the opportunity to see what is like to be a part of a praise band, and I finally get that opportunity.
Well, this blog was spent as my little break, so I need to get back to work. A music major's work is never done. haha!
I hope you all have a blessed spring semester!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment