So, school starts next week, and I can't decide if I'm excited or not. It's pretty lonely being at home by myself, but at the same time, I'm not too excited about having homework to do. Isn't it funny how when we're in one situation, we want the other. And then we get there and realize that the grass isn't "always greener on the other side." I am looking forward to seeing friends again! :)
Lately, I feel like there are so many things that I want to accomplish this year, but I don't know where to begin. I want to work on having better study habits, become a better pianist in school, at church, and personally. I found a website that has a free course on sign language, and I've always wanted to learn to sign. The list just goes on and on... But we've begun a study in our Sunday School class called Simple Life. And one of the things it talks about is filtering out unessecary good things. And I have a feeling that if I want my life to be more stress-free and to achieve better study habits that I can't learn sign language right now. Maybe I will look into that for after I graduate, along with a few other things. But I think that working on study habits and piano skills will be good things to work on, since they won't exactly add to my work load, but should make it seem like less of a work load!
For a complete subject change, I may be getting two or three more piano students! I have been wanting some more, and a lady that I work with at Mimosa Lane on Wednesday nights says that her two kids would enjoy taking lessons. So, that's pretty exciting! I also have a family that has referred another family to me... so far, they haven't called back, so it may be a closed door. But I guess we'll see what happens with them as well.
My enjoyment of teaching piano lessons has really been growing, and I've been looking at resources on-line! If you're interested in anything I may be finding, check out my piano blog at The Timbre of Teaching.
I think I'll sign out for now and get ready to maybe go to the library for some books for school.
God bless!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment