Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the Old and in with the New

Today is December 31st, 2009. In a little more than twelve hours, the year of 2009 will be no more, and 2010 will be issued in. Kind of crazy isn't? The years seem to keep flying by faster and faster, and sometimes I wish they'd slow down a bit. Before I know it, I'll be a college graduate and, even though that's another year and a half, I know it will fly by so quickly.

Part of what makes our lives fly by so fast is our business. And do I need to tell you how busy I am? I think I need to slow down and smell those roses sometimes, and it's very interesting that I'm talking about this. Our new Sunday School study that we will be starting in two weeks is a study of a book called The Simple Life. It's supposed to talk about how to simplify our lives and not be so caught up in the business of them. I have a feeling this will be a good study.

As the new year is just on the horizon, I am sure everyone is beginning to think of what they want to change this year. I do have a few resolutions of myself, but how many of us give up on our resolution before January is over? Now, over the past year and even more I haven't exactly been on the spiritual track I need to be. I haven't been reading my Bible and praying every day like I feel I should. This was one of my resolutions: to grow closer to God and to give Him more credit for things in my life this next year. However, since this has been my resolution in the past, I have a feeling I will start out great, but then start pushing it off due to other things I need to get done. I know that isn't exactly encouraging, is it? But I started this whole description of resolutions because I had an idea. We always look for what we can do to change over the next year, but isn't the Christian life about looking to God for everything? I think my new resolution this year is to allow God to change and mold me. This resolution does still give me a responsibility to uphold, but it isn't based on what I can or want to do, but on what God can do. I had never thought of resolutions that way, but I think it would be a good idea.

Alicia's resolution: To allow God to freely work in her life. In order to allow God to work fully, I need to uphold my responsibility to read my Bible because that is where God communicates to His people. I also need to uphold my responsibility to pray on a daily basis, for this is my way of commincating to God.

This year, I also have some goals I want to set. Most of these goals are music related, and I haven't written them down yet, so they're still a jumbled mess in my brain. But I will be sure to share them with you.

As you bring in the new year, try to think not of what you want to change, but what you can allow God to change in you.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Sweetheart - I think that's an excellent resolution!

    ReplyDelete