Friday, December 18, 2009

School's Out

Hello to the first day of no school after the semester of Fall 2009! Wow, it feels amazing to have no homework, projects, or any other school-related stuff to worry about right now. It's been a great semester, but I'm glad it has come to an end. Now, I just wait for all of my grades to come in. Only piano needs to come in, and o far, the grades that have come in have been really good! I even got all of my chapel credit, despite the computers not reading my card leaving me one credit short. I was glad to get that all worked out.

Today I am finishing our Christmas decorations, cleaning, cooking/baking, and getting ready for our "Tacky Christmas Sweater" party! I'm pretty excited! I went to the store yesterday and found some pretty ugly sweaters for Jason and me. I was hoping for something more Christmasy, but these are definitely the type of sweater people would have worn on Christmas day about 15-20 years ago. They're pretty bad. Maybe I will try posting pictures sometime next week! That would be fun!

I found out today that I may be getting a new piano student! One of my current students has a friend who is wanting to take piano, so that's pretty exciting! I just need to call the family, which I will probably do at some point today. I am hoping that this one comes through. In the past, anytime a family has been interested, they never get back with me. It would be very nice to have a new student.

Also along the lines of piano teaching, I am wanting to expand my studio in the way of group lessons. I know that I cannot have group lessons on a weekly basis, but I am thinking that I might be able to squeeze one group lesson a month into my schedule. I think this is important for my students, so I really want to offer this. I also want to look into having a recital at the end of May. I think it would be fun and would be great for the kids. I'm gonna keep thinking/praying about it.

I guess that's all I have to ramble about right now. I need to go make my pumpkin cake and maybe make another batch of chex mix... Mmmm... yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment