Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time...

...of the year!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful and merry Christmas season so far! I've been keeping pretty busy since school let out last Thursday with Christmas performances with my former/my siblings' current music teacher and other holiday happenings.

Our Christmas party was a success, although I'm afraid that I forgot to take any pictures other than one of Jason and me, which I'll post asap. We ended up having seven people come, and we played "Guess Who?", Pictionary, and Apples to Apples! Everyone seemed to have a really good time, and several have told us so! That was pretty much our first party to have at our place, so we were pretty excited and hope to have one again pretty soon!

My mom's father had knee replacement surgery last Tuesday. He and my grandmother are staying with my parents which has been really hard on my mom. She's getting kind of stressed with the added responsibilities and kind of tired, but she's doing such a good job keeping up with everything! Along with her normal responsibilities, she must help my grandfather exercise and be sure he is comfortable. It's quite a job! As for my grandfather, he has his ups and downs, but he's doing very well for having just had surgery!

Today we've been preparing the food for Christmas day in order for us to have less to do tomorrow on Christmas Eve. Along with the Christmas day food, we must also prepare food for the family get-together on Christmas Eve. My uncle and his family will be coming then. We usually go to his house, but since my grandfather isn't exactly mobile just yet, we're having the get-together at my parents' house.

I have been shopping for the last three days. Monday I finished up most of my Christmas shopping; Tuesday my grandmother took my sister and me on our annual shopping trip where we get to pick out some clothes for Christmas; and today Shannon and I went to the grocery store for the loooong list of Christmas grocery shopping. Whew! I'm pretty shopped out! I don't plan on going shopping tomorrow, but who knows what tomorrow will have to bring.

Well, I should go make some cornbread...
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment