and gone.
Yes, Christmas is over. There is no more Christmas music on the radio stations, people are taking down there lights outside and their trees indoors, store are putting all Christmas items on sale. Yes, Christmas is over. But it was a good one!
Jason and I had a wonderful first Christmas together! We got up early Christmas morning, got ready for the day, made sausage loaf for breakfast, opened gifts, and then headed to his parents' house. We opened gifts with them and then spent some time visiting before moving on to my parents' house where we spent the rest of the day. Christmas lunch was amazing as usual at my family's house, and we overall just had a good time!
For our first Christmas, Jason gave me "August Rush," an iTunes giftcard, the New Testament on Cd, and my very first record for the record collection I have been dreaming of! It's a three disc set of Frank Sinatra! Yeah, call me a nerd! ;D I got him some pajama pants, cologne, "Home Alone" (a favorite Christmas tradition of his), and a secret gift... I can't say because he reads my blog, and I haven't exactly given it to him yet... this is due to not having the time to complete it. bummer. I'll let you all know what it is when he gets it! :D
We both also got a ton of books to read! I'm pretty excited about this, because I was really wanting to read a few fun books over my break, and now I have plenty to choose from without making a trip to the library. We also got a few movies to add to our growing collection, and the first seasons of "Pushing Daisies" and "Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye!"
So, now to completely change gears, I have been trying to figure out how to play the piano with my arms rather than with my fingers only. I seem to be catching on to this tecnique with my right hand/arm, but completely failing with my left hand/arm. My mom ended up asking Mrs. Graves about this, and she said that I should do some upper-body exersices. I've been wanting to get a little more in-shape, so this seems like a great time to do it! Not only will I have more energy and probably loose a few of my Christmas pounds, I will also improve my piano playing tecnique! I think it's pretty ingenious!
On another completely different topic, I've been thinking about setting me some goals for a few different things. But since this post is already so long, I'll save those for another time!
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Christmas was awesome, Sweetheart! You did very well in picking out good gifts! And our breakfast was great! :D
ReplyDelete