Monday, March 1, 2010

The Bridge Conference and More

Here we are, March 1st, 2010. It's so hard to believe that March is already here. I'm pretty excited about the beginning of March, because that means Spring Break is right around the corner. In fact, my Spring Break is next week! I plan to simply enjoy the fact that I will have no classes and almost no homework. Ah, that will be so nice.

This past weekend, I went to a worship leader conference. When I originally signed up to go to the conference, I was pretty excited, but as the time came closer and closer, I was really kind of dreading attending it. But I had paid, and I knew that there must be something that I could get out of it, so I went. And I am so glad I did. I learned a lot about vision and being a team and was able to gain a few new resources, all of which I can use in our next Soli Deo Gloria service. I have not heard if there is another one being planned, but I think I'd like for there to be one. I few weeks ago, I was pretty frustrated about a vision I have not being carried out in any way. But over the weekend, I realized that I can start carrying it out through these worship services and through some specials. I think one of the biggest things I took away from this weekend was "vision catches on." And I think that is so true. I am beginning to pray about exactly what carrying out this vision looks like, but I am excited at the possibilities. I would say more about this, but before I do I feel like I need to pray more about it and really think some things through.

For those who are interested, here are few of my new resource sites:
Frequency
Praise Charts
Encouraging Music

These are all sites where you can buy leadsheets and piano/vocal sheetmusic. They are some pretty neat sites. I also just discovered Keith Getty's website, which is nothing short of awesome. It is one of the most organized websites I have ever seen. So, if you are interested in some of Keith Getty's modern hymns, click here to visit his website.

Another thing I wanted to post is that I am trying to find an Easter song to sing. For those who read my blog, do you have any ideas? I am wanting something dealing more with Christ's resurrection rather than the cross.

I hope everyone is having a very blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Baby! Hope you're enjoying your first day of Spring Break! I love you and I'll see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete