Thursday morning, I still had to go to school for one class, but I was so glad I did! The campus is always so pretty, but to see it covered in snow was awesome!
On Friday, classes were cancelled, so I went to my parents' house to play in the snow with my brother and sister. It was so much fun! We built a snowman (well, they mainly did) and watched Nicki play in the snow.
Other than a trip to Colorado, I had never seen so much snow in my life. I only wish it could have stayed around a little longer. But at least we got some! I will never forget this year!
Also last week was the start of the Winter Olympics! I think they might be my favorite. I've gotten a chance to watch the luge event, pair's ice skating, men's snowboarding, and women's moguls so far. I've really been enjoying it. I also was able to watch the opening ceremonies, which were absolutely amazing! The people in charge really did a splendid job there in Vancouver!!
As many of you know, the morning of the opening ceremonies, a Georgian luger died on a practice run. It was obvious that it was hard for the Georgians to march in, and the other luger from Georgia ended up dropping out. That was a sad occasion.
Another thing that happened was Valentine's Day. (Yes, a pretty big weekend!) I have to show you all the beautiful orchid Jason got me! I had really been wanting an orchid plant, so instead of a bouquet of flowers, he bought me an orchid plant. It's gorgeous!
Well, I guess I need to get back to homework, but I hope you all enjoy my pictures! I got a new camera, so I've been sure to take lots of pictures and am really enjoying it!
God bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment