Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So much to do... so little time

Within the past week and a half, my mom and I have been getting a lot of wedding stuff done, which is really exciting! We've sent out invitations, solved the problem of sleeves for both my dress and the bridesmaid dresses, and ordered napkins. How cool is that?! I've also gotten other things done, such as writing some thank-you cards, looking at apartments, calling about townhomes, and other things of that nature. It's been a pretty busy week and a half.

Saturday was a superly busy day. It started out with a very fun bridal shower, continued to Nicole and John's wedding, and was topped off with a wedding gig! Three wedding-related activities in one day for someone who is not all that social was a lot... needles to say, I was pretty worn out, along with everyone else. But it was all so much fun! The bridal shower was thrown by my church and was decorated so nicely, and everyone was so kind to come and support Jason and me. Then Nicole and John's wedding was very nice, although, I must say that it is weird to think that Nicole is married. We used to be 12 and 13 years old, just enjoying walking around the neighborhood, and now she is married, and I'm about to be there. Pretty crazy to think about!

Today, my mom, sister, mother-in-law-to-be, and I all went to the church to scope out the wedding reception. There were a lot of suggestions being thrown out, making it VERY overwhelming, but I think I have an idea of how I would like the reception to be set up. I also got a new idea of how the bridesmaid and groomsmen will enter. I think the reception will end up being very pretty, and I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together!

Jason and I are unsure of where we will be living as of right now, but as I said, I've begun the apartment and townhome search. I'm not too keen on the idea of renting, because I feel that we are just going to be throwing money down the drain, but I know God will lead us to the right place. We like the idea of a townhome or rent house, if we can get one for the same price as an apartment. It's looking like there are some out there, which is exciting! It will be nice to have a place bigger than an apartment. It will just be a matter of finding one in a nice area. I have some ideas of where to drive around, though!

Well, I guess I will close this post now. I think I will go look for a cool new background for my blog, because I've seen some really cute ones recently!

God bless you all! <><

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetheart! I like reading your blog posts... it's almost like talking to you! :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete