Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thirsty for Righteousness?

I will admit that I have not been in God's Word as much as I should be lately, and I really desire to be in it on a regular basis. One thing that always seems to keep me from reading my Bible is the fact that I can never decide what to read! There are so many places I could start...but this time, I have kind of created my own little devotional. Two years ago, I was given a book titled God's Promises for You by Max Lucado. It has three or four verses to read, along with a note from Max Lucado. So, I have decided to make this my devotional.

This morning, the devotional was titled "Being Right with God." The note from Max talked about how people are not really thirsty for fame or fortune, but rather something bigger; they are thirsty for righteousness. Along with this note, were some verses that talked about being right before God. The first verse was found in Romans, I believe, and talked about how we are to love, because our salvation is near (the return of Christ). Another verse is a very familiar verse and is found in Joshua, chapter 24. It says that we are to fear the Lord and serve Him with all "faithfulness." Joshua then goes on to say that he and his house choose to serve the Lord. As I was reading this devotional, I began to think about whether or not I always serve the Lord with all faithfulness. My conclusion was that I do not. I do seek to serve the Lord, but I do not always seek to do it with all faithfulness. This is something I need to work on.

As I go through my day and strive to serve God with all faithfulness, I have several things that I need to get done today. I received the last of the addresses from my mother-in-law to-be, so I will be finishing up my invitation address project. *Crosses fingers.* Along with that, I also need to go through some of my stuff that I need to get rid or and/or pack up. Hopefully I will be able to get to some of that as well.

I hope everyone has a blessed day! ☺

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetheart, I like your blog! I'm really glad you're writing it! :D I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete